Job Title Occupational Therapist – Paediatric
Job Grade Basic Grade
Closing Date Friday 18th June
Job Hours Permanent Full Time
Job Location Rathcoole, Co. Dublin
The Sunflower Clinic is a well-established independent multi-disciplinary therapy service for children with clinics in Limerick, Cork and Dublin. We are now seeking to employ a Paediatric Occupational Therapist to join our growing multi-disciplinary team in Dublin. The role will involve the assessment and treatment of children with a range of developmental needs including children with ASD. You will be working in a fully-equipped therapy facility with a range of SI equipment and you will be expected to be able to manage your own caseload independently.
We are looking for a confident, friendly and capable person willing to bring the same dedication to the delivery of an outstanding quality of service as our existing staff.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our paediatric team and benefit from the experience and commitment of our expanding organisation and CPD is expected to play a key role in your on-going development.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Be registered as an Occupational Therapist with CORU
- Have placement or post-graduate experience working with children with a special interest in children with ASD.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise in the assessment of children using the following standardised tools: MABC-2, BOT-2 , DTVP-2, DTVP-A, Beery VMI
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning skills using S.I. as a frame of reference.
- Demonstrate ability to write assessment reports in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Be comfortable working with a multi-disciplinary team of therapists including SLTs and psychologists
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written to the families attending our service and also to the wider team, with fluent English a necessity
- Be able to provide a high quality of intervention to the children and families attending our service
- Hold a full Irish driving licence, as some local travel may be required
The role is primarily clinic-based and will be supervised by a senior occupational therapist in Dublin. Bi-weekly group CPD sessions are an integral part of the role and all staff are offered external CPD training outside of the clinic.
A generous annually training allowance will be available to further develop your clinical skills.
Terms and Conditions
On appointment, practitioners must maintain annual registration with CORU
Salary will be commensurate with experience and in line with HSE payscales
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 18th June 2021 and initial interviews will be conducted by Zoom.